Friday, July 30, 2010

Self Reflection








I feel that I came into this class with little to nothing. No camera, no history on photography but I had no intentions on giving up. Over the past 3 weeks, I worked my butt off. I stayed late every night trying to perfect my assignments and I took in every critique that was given to me. Although my landscape pictures were never shown or critiqued I learned a lot through that experience. I learned how important every hour of class was because playing catch up is NOT easy. I learned how intense the 4x5 camera was and how hard it is to develop film. All of those gave me patience I never had before. I feel like I have a new appreciation for anyone working with a 4x5 camera or larger. Another thing I feel that I improved on was my technique. Although I do not have a specific style, I'm still growing into that. This class really helped me in so many ways and I am so grateful I took it.

For the future I plan on continuing photography in schooling and as a career maybe. I just love it so much and I believe that with more practice with my camera and more experience I can really capture some beautiful moments.

I believe my best work was in my book. My favorite tryptic in my series is the sewer one because I really used a short depth of field and I thought about every picture I took very carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment