Friday, July 30, 2010

Self Reflection ~ Sarah Nasgowitz

I chose this picture as my self reflection photo because its different from other pictures I have taken.   I have never done anything like this before and it was fun for me to take all these different pictures and put them together.

I feel that I have grown as a photographer over the past three weeks.  At first, taking a photo of the day was hard for me because I wasn't home, I was at my grandparents which is in the city by Miad and it was a different landscape for me.  In my compositions, I tried to pay more attention to framing and to try to fill up the sides of my pictures.   In my surreal portrait assignment, I didn't really know a lot about photoshop, and after I learned more, I got more and more ideas for composites. For example in my tinkerbell photo, learning more about pasting myself in different photos and playing with scale was so much fun, and this inspired the idea of my book.   I started paying more attention to color and what color does to the viewer that makes them want to stop and look at a photo.  The critiques helped me to see some repetitiveness in my work that I didn't even see! Overall the surreal portraits assignment was my favorite and through all this I learned that I like to play with scale in my photos and I think that this could lead to a new idea for a new project for my portfolio!

No comments:

Post a Comment