Friday, July 30, 2010

Self Reflection, Ruby Martinez

Well, this is my favorite photo I took for the class because although I took it for the book and it was meant to go along with other photos I think that it works nice by itself too!

In this class I think I've grown as a photographer/artist mostly in critique. Before this class I never really thought about as much or experienced the narrative in photos and in critique I really realized that there is so much more to photos than just their visual presentation. It really helped me enjoy and think about the art that I see now, and it's really a whole new experience for me.

I think the assignment that inspired me the most to make new work was the book assignment. It wasn't so much the book part that inspired me but more how we needed a sequence of photos. When I was thinking of ideas for my sequence I thought of so many that just weren't possible to do in the little time I had for this assignment. However, I still have those ideas with me, I just have some more time now, so I'm really hoping to explore all of those ideas now that class is over and hopefully make some of them happen. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment