Friday, July 30, 2010

Self-reflection.. Megan Thornton


I chose to use this picture as my "self-reflection"image because I feel that it was one of the images that I was unaware how well it would turn out and when I saw my results I was very happy. I was nervous to shoot with the Large Format camera, especially at night and I am glad that I took the risk to try something so different, I feel that it was definitely worth it.

I feel that I have grown as an artist by broadening my horizons and constantly trying to expand the variety of work that I am doing. I had previously taken photographs of people and portrait images, and now I have tried landscapes, as well as the abstraction of the "More Than Mirrors" book project I have completed. I feel that overall I have developed a bit of a romantic style to my work, and I would like to continue working with that style.

I feel that I will continue to photograph people, although it is something that I did not show much of while in this course. I also hope to shoot images that do have the more abstract qualities and can be more than just a "pretty picture." I also would like to spend more time working with photoshop and composing   images to make an entire surreal scene. I also plan on continuing shooting photos as much as I can and keep on experimenting and trying new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment