Saturday, July 31, 2010

Self Reflection- Emily Tierney


I feel like this class overall has significantly helped me grow as an artist in many ways.  A few major things I've learned more about were how important composition, emotion, and lighting are.  It can make or break a photograph.  I also learned how to take and develop film which I had never done before, as well as learn more about manually controlling my digital camera.  In the beginning to be I honest didn't like the class as much because I thought it was so much work in so little time, but after my film getting destroyed, having to reshoot and redevelop and eventually ending up with three wonderful prints in my eye just showed me that perseverance and dedication is key.  I really had to push my self and experiment and I think in the end it payed off.  I may not know exactly where I want to go from here or what I want to focus on in my photography but at least now I have the tools and knowledge to make more than just a "pretty flower picture."  I really loved the surreal project.  Composites were something I have never done before so the whole thing was a new experience.  I may not have one project in particular that will inspire my future work but I think all of the techniques and inspiration will.  While being critiqued by a family friend one thing he said to me really inspired me. "Be you."  That may be simple but to me what I want to make sure is that I am enjoying myself, being myself and representing myself through my photography.  I think that is the biggest accomplishment I can achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment